Packing and wrapping things up

I thought that I had made up my mind about getting rid of certain things.
CD's for one are so outdated. ALL my music is on google music, and Mr Cloete's music is on itunes. WHY would I keep CD's?

So, full of courage, I started packing my CD's to give to my mom (who doesn't have a google music playlist). And then I saw it:




Lots and lots of little love letters from my mom (:-) (the one who stirred the love of music in my heart), my dear friend Ilze and my sister Maria. How can I let go of these treasures?

It makes it so difficult to let go of things, when we attach the love of a friend or a mommy or a sister to them. 

Relationships always remain the MOST important thing.

The next thing on my list was BOOKS.
Again I though "easy". 
What could possibly be hard about getting rid of books. I could replace the really good ones with e-books, and we will stop at all the libraries that we are able to stop at and borrow books for as long as we are allowed to.

And there it was again... people who attached their hearts to the things they gave to me. A little note here, and another there.

This is really hard. 

Anyway. We have to carry on. We have to detach ourselves from things while keeping our connections to people.



Opmerkings

Gewilde plasings van hierdie blog

Finding King Shaka's Isivivane

The best surfing spots in South Africa along the West Coast (so far)

Week 35 in Afrikaans - Stellenbosch, Houtbaai, Vishoek, Kalkbaai